PROSE: Prosthetic Replacement of the Ocular Surface Ecosystem
Our Contact Lens Service is the only Chicago area provider and one of only eleven sites in the United States which offers the BostonSight PROSE treatment to restore the sight of patients with complex corneal disease so that they can reclaim their lives. During PROSE treatment doctors custom design and fit prosthetic devices to replace or support damaged ocular functions; improving vision and reducing pain and light sensitivity.
The prosthetic devices created during BostonSight™ PROSE treatment are transparent domes, about the size of a nickel. They look similar to an oversized hard contact lens and resemble a margarita glass without the stem in shape. Devices fit under the eyelids, vaulting the damaged cornea and resting on the sclera (the relatively insensitive white tissue of the eye). Worn during waking hours, patients are trained in daily application, removal and cleaning as part of the treatment process.
- Reduces symptoms and supports healing by restoring a healthy ocular surface environment
- Improves blurry vision by masking surface corneal irregularities and transmitting a sharp image to the back of the eye
- Prevents damage by protecting the cornea against the environment and eyelids
For thousands of patients with conditions such as Stevens-Johnson syndrome (SJS), ocular chronic graft versus host disease (GVHD), dry eye syndrome, Sjogren’s syndrome, keratoconus, pellucid marginal degeneration, ocular trauma, or post- LASIK, or post- transplant dry eye or poor vision, PROSE can be the ideal, and sometimes only, treatment capable of restoring vision and dramatically reducing symptoms such as eye pain, severe dry eye, blurry vision and light sensitivity.
Visit www.bostonsight.org/indications for a comprehensive list of conditions PROSE can treat.
Download a copy of the IEEI PROSE Treatment: Information for Patients and Doctors-Providers
|Illinois Eye and Ear Infirmary|
|Contact Lens Service
Clinic Hours: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm (M-F)
Clinic Phone: (312) 996-5410
Fax Number: (312) 996-4908
Address: 1855 W. Taylor, Suite 3.154
Manager: Tina Laureano, (312) 996-1419
For more information on appointments at any of our Clinics, including insurances taken, payment policies, and Frequently Asked Questions, see Appointments.
- Information for Doctors: http://www.bostonsight.org/for-Doctors/Refer-a-Patient-to-BFS
- Indications: http://www.bostonsight.org/for-Doctors/Comprehensive-Indications
- PROSE Provider network: http://www.bostonsight.org/PROSE-providers/Find-a-Clinic
- About PROSE Treatment: http://www.bostonsight.org/PROSE-treatment/About-PROSE