Illinois Center for Thyroid Eye Disease
The Illinois Center for Thyroid Eye Disease (IC-TED) provides coordinated care for patients with Thyroid Eye Disease (TED). The center offers:
- Medical and Surgical Ophthalmic care for all patients with TED, including those with severe, vision threatening disease
- Cutting edge technology, imaging and access to on-going clinical trials
- Comprehensive, empathetic care with a patient centered focus
- Availability of expert strabismus surgeons, ocular surface specialists, neuro-ophthalmologists, head and neck radiologists, radiation oncologists and endocrinologists for multidisciplinary care as needed
- Coordinated care with an emphasis on patient satisfaction and experience
The center is directed by Vinay Aakalu, MD, MPH, a fellow of the American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons, who has expertise in the complex, multi-faceted care of patients with TED.
Daniel Toft, MD, PhD co-directs the Illinois Center for Thyroid Eye Disease and provides coordinated care of patients with Thyroid Eye Disease (TED). He has extensive experience with TED, complex endocrinologic and medical conditions. He is board-certified in endocrinology.
Phone: (312) 413-ITED (312) 413-4833
Illinois Eye and Ear Infirmary
1855 W. Taylor Street
Chicago, IL 60612