Deepak Edward, MD
|Illinois Eye and Ear Infirmary||Millennium Park Eye Center|
|Clinic Hours: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm (M-F)
Clinic Phone: (312) 996-7030
Fax Number: (312) 413-8574
Address: 1855 W. Taylor, Suite 3.171
Manager: Sofya Churilova, (312) 996-7030
|Clinic Hours: 8:30-5:00 (M-F)
Clinic Phone: (312) 996-2020
Fax Number: (312) 346-5292
Address: 30 N. Michigan Ave., Suite 410
Chicago, IL 60602
Glaucoma Service Description
Glaucoma is the leading cause of irreversible blindness in the world. Our Glaucoma Service is nationally recognized as a center for the diagnosis and treatment of glaucoma in adults and children. It is a site for testing investigational new drugs and has been a leader in the use of laser and surgery to treat all forms of the disease. Our service offers comprehensive care and management of all forms of glaucoma, including specialized diagnostic testing and the latest technologies for laser and surgical treatment. Faculty members are actively involved in glaucoma research and are nationally recognized as experts in their field.
For more information on appointments at any of our Clinics, including insurances taken, payment policies, and Frequently Asked Questions, see Appointments.
- Recognized internationally as a leader in the diagnosis and treatment of glaucoma and other conditions affecting intraocular pressure (IOP), the Glaucoma Service offers a range of specialized tests and the latest technologies, including:
- High resolution ultrasound biomicroscopy,
- Confocal laser microscope for optic nerve imaging, neodymium yag and diode laser
- Trabectome minimally invasive surgical procedure.
- For more information on a variety of eye conditions, see Eye Conditions and Treatments.