Illinois Eye and Ear Infirmary
|Millennium Park Eye Center|
Clinic Hours: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm (M-F)
|Clinic Hours: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm (M-F)
Clinic Phone: (312) 996-2020
Fax Number: (312) 346-5292
Address: 30 N. Michigan Ave., Suite 410
Chicago, IL 60602
Retina Service Description
The Retina Service specializes in treating patients with both medical and surgical retinal vascular and vitreoretinal disorders, such as: age-related macular degeneration, vein occlusion, sickle cell eye disease, ocular complications of diabetes, retinal detachment, vitreomacular adhesion, retinopathy of prematurity, retinitis pigmentosa, intraocular tumors and severe eye trauma. The doctors in this service are skilled specialists in laser and other medical treatment of the retina, vitreoretinal surgery and complex retinal detachment repair.
New Patients: What to Expect
At your initial appointment, your physician will listen to any difficulties you are having with your vision, and will ask about prior eye and health problems. Please bring a copy of your eyecare medical record, if available. Prior to seeing the doctor, a technician will measure your vision and eye pressure, and administer eye dilating drops. Dilation of the pupils is necessary so that your retina specialist can observe and examine structures inside the eye. YOUR EYES WILL NEED ABOUT 30 MINUTES TO DILATE. We have access to the most current medical technology at the Illinois Eye and Ear Infirmary. Your physician may need to perform one or more types of medical imaging ('eye photographs') in order to obtain the information necessary to formulate an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan. Please plan on your initial visit requiring up to 2 1/2 hours. If you require an office-based treatment procedure and choose to proceed on the same day, please plan accordingly.
- Man receives vision-restoring Argus II retinal implant at UIC
- New treatment for VMA
- Dr. Mieler receives top professional honor
- Meet some of our patients
- Click here to take the Amsler Grid Test
For more information on appointments at any of our Clinics, including insurances taken, payment policies, and Frequently Asked Questions, see Appointments.
- We specialize in treating patients with vitreoretinal disorders such as age related macular degeneration, retinal detachment, vitreomacular adhesion, retinopathy of prematurity, retinitis pigmentosa, intraocular tumors, severe eye trauma, and ocular complications of diabetes or sickle cell disease. The doctors in this service are specialists in laser treatment of the retina, retinal detachment surgery, and vitreous microsurgery.
- For more information on a variety of eye conditions, see Eye Conditions and Treatments.